The Firm wishes to invite suitable candidates to apply for the position of Company Secretary.
- Offer company secretarial assistance during board, committee and shareholder meetings, including creating agendas, gathering documents, uploading them to relevant portals, taking precise minutes, and promptly distributing board/shareholder resolutions.
- Ensure secretarial and other regulatory compliance of both listed and unlisted companies, and maintain accurate statutory books and records according to established guidelines.
- Keep up-to-date with local and international corporate governance practices.
- Provide guidance and support to directors in carrying out their duties effectively.
- Assist and supervise colleagues within the team with their responsibilities to ensure proper compliance with applicable laws.
- Make timely announcements in relation to listed entities, to the Colombo Stock Exchange.
- Execute special projects and corporate actions, such as mergers, acquisitions, winding up, and incorporations, as necessary.
- Coordinating with regulators and other advisors, in performance of the above responsibilities including but not limited to the Colombo Stock Exchange, Central Bank of Sri Lanka, and Registrar-General of Companies.
- Attorney at Law or Chartered Secretary preferably with Bachelor of Laws.
- Sound knowledge of the Companies Act, CSE Listing Rules, SEC Act and other relevant Acts and regulations.
- Excellent command of both written / spoken English and very good minute writing / report writing skills.
- Minimum of 8 years post-qualification experience in company secretarial work, at a law firm or corporate environment.
- Good social, leadership, analytical and problem-solving skills and sound IT knowledge.
The ideal candidate should satisfy the above requirements, be able to work in a team environment and demonstrate strong leadership skills. Remuneration will be commensurate with experience, capability and industry standards.
Your CV should be accompanied by a covering letter (in the same PDF document).
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.